After our Mutual Ministry Review two weeks ago our vestry decided to redesign the agenda of vestry meetings to focus on achieving our goals. Rather than spend the bulk of our time reviewing reports from the various ministries, we set out to spend the time working on our goals.
The first thing we did at last Sunday’s vestry meeting was to review and clarify the goals. Here is the latest statement of what our vestry is hoping to support St. Dunstan’s Church to achieve this year:
- Develop an orientation program for both new and existing members
- Introduce people to Episcopal worship, the Episcopal Church, and St. Dunstan’s Church
- Grow and develop relationships into the broader community
- Transform the Community Dinner into “The Community’s Dinner”
- Invite and encourage people who enjoy the dinner to participate in all aspects; setup, cooking, cleaning up
- Develop Adult Christian Formation on Sunday Mornings at 9:00AM
- Move 8:00AM Service to St. Dunstan’s Church to allow the Rev. David Marshall to teach at 9:00AM between services
- Create a new service at least monthly at the Henry Chapel to maintain our connection to our historical worship space
Long Term Goal: Develop a physical plant vision and plan for the future
One of the first things we would like to try is moving the 8:00AM service from the Henry Chapel to St. Dunstan’s Church to allow me to teach classes at 9:00AM between services. The vestry feels that our connection to the Henry Chapel is quite important, and we do not want to lose that connection. We want to continue to have services there, but we also recognize that we do not have the resources to start a new service in the short term. As a compromise we are going try a split schedule, holding 8:00AM services at the Henry Chapel on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month and at St. Dunstan’s Church all others Sundays. This will allow me to teach classes on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month. The first 8:00AM service to be held at St. Dunstan’s Church will be on July 12th.
Yours in Christ,